Sunday, May 10, 2009

Do It: See "Star Trek"

Quick note to all geeks: J J Abrams has done it again. His new "Star Trek" is very enjoyable. Honors the past, updates the "franchise" -- man, I wish the Hollywood people wouldn't woefully erode their own movie magic by talking about franchises and brands and platforms--and introduces some fresh new cast members. A few complaints, but they are mostly along the lines of "more Scotty!"

Do it: See Trek.

PS - I find myself already memorizing lines from the film having seen it only once. "I am and always will be your friend." "Bull@#$%." Oh, and "Transcendental Blues" by Steve Earle is out of this world; now playing on iTunes.

2 comments:

Lynn Eaton said...

yes, more Scotty!!! And when will the next one be out? What a great summer flick. I had to laugh at the end scene - Pine was channeling Shatner. too funny. Yea!!! I love good movies.

iClipse said...

I was pleased to learn that 20% of people who went to the movie cited JJ as the reason they were there. THAT is some momentum, Q score, or just plain coolness, whatever. Can't wait for the next one.