Sunday, November 2, 2008

What is Going On? (Rules of Construction)

It has come to iClipse's notice that some people think I am (or should that be "we are" -- I am always confused when talking in the third person) using the word "woefully" too often. This raises a point of order.

This blog has several idiosyncratic rules of construction:

(A) The word "woefully" is used in every posting. The rationale is simple and compelling. Once, an incompetent intern where I work resigned in a huff and sent an all-hands email to her division announcing that "woefully" people were not worth working with and so she was leaving. She, hopefully, will learn to look up the correct meaning of words before mis-using them in the future. Her email, forwarded to me by a colleague, cracked me up. I decided the word needed to be a permanent, recurring part of The Bloguscript. Maybe I will exchange it for another in a year. Maybe I won't. Woefully, you'll have to live with it until then.

(B) Every post ends with a PS. This is why the Post Labels include both "PS" and "P.S." It is my vain hope that one day if you Google "PS" you'll get this blog as the top search result.

(C) The phrase "Oh, and X song by Y band is Complimentary Adjective; now playing on iTunes" is used to end each entry. As a service to the nation, I am compiling my musical recommendations in the right nav.

PS - There may be other commonalities among entries, but you'll have to ferret them out for yourself. Oh, and "The Story" by Brandi Carlile is a great song; now playing on iTunes.

No comments: