Friday, November 28, 2008

5-4-Fri: Thanksgiving Food

Didja have a gosh-darn great Bird-Day? Oh, we did, youbetcha. (Palin translator: "There are 5 stupendiously great foodstuffs that, woefully, you only generally get at Thanksgiving.")

1. Apple Pie - Holy cow, I love me some apple pie. The secret is McIntosh apples. Be-lee-dat!

2. Turkey - I am a dark meat man. Scoff if you like. I will cordially acknowledge that de gustibus non est disputandum and promptly eat your thighs (hmm, that sounded wrong).

3. Black Olives - If you wish to be welcome in my home (and you do) you'll agree that black olives are (a) essential Thanksgiving fare, (b) scrumptious, (c) to be saved for me to eat.

4. Stuffing - It is simple, really. Get Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix in a bag. Add currents, celery, and melted butter. Put into the bird. Do NOT not put the stuffing in the bird. Don't be stupid.

5. Fruit Cup - Daunting. Hard to make. Labor intensive. Delicious. Don't forget the walnuts. Feel free to top with orange sherbert.

PS - Cranberry Sauce alllmost made the list. You can have the "log" (heh) or the homemade (like my Sister-in-law's, yum). Or both. Oh, and "Perfect Circle" by REM is something to be thankful for; now playing on iTunes.

No comments: