Friday, September 12, 2008

Five For Friday: 2007 Movies

This is something I came up with for my secret other blog. Every Friday, I’ll post five semi-related things that might be of interest. Here goes the first list, my condensed and edited version of Stephen King’s “2007: My Top Movies,” Entertainment Weekly, December 14 2007 (Thanks for the B'Day gift, NGG):

No Country for Old Men (#1)
Breach (#4)
Children of Men (#5)
3:10 to Yuma (#7)
In the Valley of Elah (#10)

Put 'em in the Netflix queue, friendo.

PS - While I always like Your Uncle Stevie’s features in EW, woefully I am not so keen on his novels. Funny. Oh, and “Oceans” by the Canadian band Heartbeats Rhythm Quartet is so catchy; now playing on iTunes.

2 comments:

Lynn Eaton said...

How do you think the most recent 3:10 to Yuma stacks up against the original?

iClipse said...

Well, they are both based on an Elmore Leonard story so they are both winners! The 2007 version got released just before "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford," which I actually thought featured an Academy-worthy performance by Casey Affleck. The '57 version -- which was just on the tee vee this weekend -- has an older feel to it so I guess I am in the end swayed by the sensibilities of my generation. In both, there is a nice non-romantic feeling about the West. Mean bastards with guns--Shane, Shane, come back!