Monday, August 8, 2011

Return of the iMac

When my iMac woefully died a brutal, total head-crashing hard drive death after just 5 months of service, I was sorely disappointed. So I packed it up and went to the Genius Bar and they replaced the drive. Fortunately, I had been backing everything up onto a G-Drive Mini. I reloaded all my bad poetry and poorly-recorded acoustic guitar songs as well as my carefully collected iTunes library and all was right with the world again.

But it would have really, really sucked not to have a back up copy of everything. If you are not taking similar steps, do so immediately.

PS - While it is kind of a rip-off, get the AppleCare protection plan, too. Oh, and "Return of the Mack" by Mark Morrison is smoother than a Steve Jobs pitch; now playing on iTunes.

No comments: