Friday, February 18, 2011

5-4-Fri: Television Shows

Behold! Five Tee Vee shows I am currently enjoying:

1. Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Who misses Craig Kilborn? Not me. Mr. Leibowitz is making The Tribe proud with his superb writing and clear-eyed riffs on the newz. You have probably stopped watching it as much as you used to. Correct that.

2. Human Target. Started strong. Drifted. Back on track. Good, solid adventure television. Wish they would get back to fantastical stunts a bit more but recommend it to you.

3. Hawaii Five-O. Sure it SEEMS like it is simply a venue for seeing Grace Park in a bikini, but it is so much more. Bad acting. Tired plots. Filler shots of the Islands. Embedded advertising. Yet, somehow it all comes off as fun to watch.

4. Walking Dead. I must admit that I have left a few episodes languishing in the TiVo queue, but this is an ambitious and entertaining modern-day zombie show. Give it a shot. In the head. Shoot twice. You don't want it getting back up and eating you.

5. Top Gear. Duuude. One word: Top Gear. British humor. Cars, cars, cars. And they make celebrities drive a race course and then rank them against one another. Must see TV.

PS - I am excited about the new Wonder Woman show set to debut in the new season. Is this because--as my TiVo first thought about me--I am really a black teenage girl? Is it because I got so excited about Joss Whedon maybe doing a WW film that I am foolishly positive haloing the whole TV thing even though he is not doing it? Is it because I want another good series to watch? Who knows? What I do know is that Mindy Smith's "Out Loud" is awesome; now playing on iTunes.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Two words for you, my friend: Modern. Family.

iClipse said...

Yes, Ma'am.